1) When & why did you start blogging?I started The Closet Confessional in September 2012 after I was in remission from cancer. After getting diagnosed, I started another blog, TheThunderStealer.com, as a way to own my course of treatment and put Cancer in its proper place in my life. It proved to be a huge relief to have an outlet to channel my voice. But, after enduring 9 months of treatments, I really didn't want to be just “the Cancer Girl." My experience with cancer allowed me the freedom to spend more time pursuing my passions and less time on other less rewarding work. Add to all that was a serious lack of conversation about fashion in Detroit. I wanted to help start that dialogue.
2) What’s the greatest thing that’s come out of blogging?Blogging has helped me find me voice. As an introvert, it can be difficult to express myself, but blogging has given me the platform to be opinionated and bold (and not just in my outfits!).
3) When you’re not blogging, what can you be found doing?
4) If you were stranded on a desert island, what would be the one thing you would take with you?A solar paneled charging station with Wifi Beacon. I'd put it inside my Mary Poppins bag with life's other goodies -music, books, a picnic basket, and my lapdog--because the bag is the one thing I'm bringing.
5) What’s the one piece of advice you would share with bloggers just starting out?
6) What’s your “can’t live without” piece in your closet, kitchen, home etc?
7) On a Friday night, what can you be found doing?
8) How do you balance blogging with a work/social life?
9) What’s your favorite quote? Or what’s a quote that describes you?
10) What’s your dream job if you haven’t landed it yet?
11) Guilty pleasures?
All of them.
12) What’s your favorite “little thing” in life?