Thursday, February 6, 2014

Behind the Midwest Blogger: Livia of Love Always, Liv.


The most rewarding part of Midwest Bloggers is meeting talented & wonderful bloggers from all around the Midwest! We discovered Livia'a {aka Liv's} blog and we instantly loved her spunk, style & story. Liv moved from Germany to the Midwest back in 2012 & she's loved it so much, she's decided to stay a little longer {despite the winters! We're surprised too…}

Check out a little more about Liv & find her over at her charming blog, Love Always, Liv.


 MB: When & why did you start blogging?
Liv: I started blogging a year ago without really knowing what I wanted to write about. I saw some other nice blogs and thought they were pretty cool so I decided to do it, too. My hard drive broke a few weeks after I first uploaded some posts and I could only get it fixed in Germany due to warranty terms so that gave me a few months to redefine my style, look at other blogs for inspiration and think what I really wanted to talk on my blog about.
MB: What’s the greatest thing that’s come out of blogging?
Liv: My readers response to new blog posts. I want my blog to be more about fashion with outfit pictures but at the moment I can't do it as much so I started blogging some more lifestyle topics like moving in with your boyfriend or how I came to the states and that got some really good feedback, which surprised me.  Meeting new people is also a great things since I love to be social.
MB: When you’re not blogging, what can you be found doing?
Liv: Reading, traveling, singing, exercising and meeting my friends. At the moment I am also working on a very cool new fashion event that I want to bring to Milwaukee in June.
MB: If you were stranded on a desert island, what would be the one thing you would take with you?
Music ... or a magazine?
MB: What’s the one piece of advice you would share with bloggers just starting out? 
Liv: Networking. Getting your word out there by attending fashion events and communication with people in the industry.
MB: What’s your “can’t live without” piece in your closet, kitchen,  home etc?
Liv: Since I am a full time nanny at the moment I could not go without Jeans. They are just practical. Besides that, my bed! I am a total comfort loving person so there is nothing better than laying in bed after a long day reading a book or browsing Pinterest or Instagram.
MB:  On a Friday night, what can you be found doing?
Liv: Hanging with my friends. Not being able to go to bars or clubs in the states is killing me. I looooove to dance, so I cannot wait for my 21st birthday coming up. Unfortunately it is only in August so I still have to be patient a little longer.
MB: How do you balance blogging with a work/social life?
Liv: Usually I sit down one or two days the week and prepare posts for about two weeks, so I don't have a hard time balancing out my schedules around blogging. I blog Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so I just need to hit "publish" on those days and I am good to go. I check my blog every day for new comments, though.
MB: What’s your favorite quote? Or what’s a quote that describes you?
Liv: Good things come to those who work their ass off.
MB: What’s your dream job if you haven’t landed it yet?
Liv: Fashion editor or buyer.
MB:  Guilty pleasures?
Liv: Choclate and Cake!!!
MB: What’s your favorite “little thing” in life?
Liv: Hugs and smiles 

5 comments:

  1. Love this! such great style

    www.thecasualclassic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dana!! :)

    www.lovealwaysliv.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for the new series! Cute style and blog name :)

    hammerandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Liz is so darling! Will be checking out her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun new feature! Can't wait to see who's next.

    ReplyDelete